Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tasty Tasty Crab Pasta

I'm a lover of seafood! Especially shellfish. Mmmmm...yummy scallops, prawns, crab, the lot!..... Living in London can make this difficult because shellfish are all the most pricey. So having any of this for my meals is an extra super duper treat! What can I say? I can't help my expensive taste ;) 'tee hee'
I was brought up by the sea where we are spoiled for choice with affordable seafood of all kinds.


I realized recently that I haven't eaten crab lobster in ages! And how silly of me, canned crab is definitely affordable :) Does it have to be fresh to be good? Of course not. The canned crab tasted just as nice in the dish I made! Mmmmmm, Crab heaven! Or as my boyfriend would ironically say with his adorable accent 'CraP heaven' hahahaha...I don't think so!
His english is perfect but he really needs to work on his B's and P's. hahaha!


It's time for another Presto Pasta Night! I love reading the round-up every week. So many creative and delicious pasta dishes. Where will I ever find the time to try them all?
So this is my entry for the weeks Presto Pasta Night, which is being hosted this week by Ruth at Once Upon a Feast

This meal is so quick and easy to make. It will have to be one of my regulars from now on! How could I not have thought of it before!? I'm really happy about this one :)
This recipe was inspired by a really nice site I found called cdkitchen.com. I used the basic idea but adjusted a few measurements and added a few ingredients (lemon, chili, dill).

(Feeds 4 people)
350g fresh fusilli pasta
6 tbsp butter
4 cloves garlic
1 3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup parmesan
2 x can (170g each) crab meat (drained and slightly chopped)
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tsp dried dill
1 tsp dried chili flakes
black pepper to taste


Instructions:
- Cook pasta as per instructions (adding salt to the water)
- In a pan saute garlic with butter. Do not allow the garlic to brown. Add milk, pepper and chili flakes. Heat until bubbling (about 3 min). Add parmesan, dill and lemon juice. Heat again for about 1-2 minute, allowing the sauce to thicken slightly, then stir in crab meat and heat for a further couple minutes.
- Stir pasta into the sauce in the pan

Any pasta would be fine with this dish however I find the fusilli noodle capture allot of the crab and saucy goodness between it's ridges :)


I sprinkled some chives on top as garnish. It also tastes nice with some extra parmesan sprinkled on top :)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ruth Daniels said...

It does sound heavenly. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

As for canned being good...most canning is done right after the catching...can't get fresher than that.